(NEWSER) – The family of a 23-year-old Chinese woman says she was electrocuted when she answered her charging iPhone. The story has prompted an investigation into the death by Apple as it makes waves on Chinese social media, the Wall Street Journal reports. A local official says Ma Ailun's "neck had an obvious electronic injury." But it's not certain whether the phone, charger, or neither are to blame; nor is it clear which model iPhone she was using.
Photo: Getty Images
Register below for your chance to score a pair of tickets to the Jingle Ball in Washington D.C. on December 16th. *BONUS* Listen all this week at 4:30p with Jack Spade to score a pair of tickets to the show