1. When a guy says, "I want a woman who takes care of herself and eats healthy," he means exactly that. He's saying that if you're not in shape, if you don't live a healthy lifestyle, then a relationship with him isn't going to work.
2. If he mentions, he "likes to travel and wants to experience new places and new things," again, he means that! So if you're a home body or prefer the couch with a Lifetime movie, chances are, you and this type of guy won't make it.
3. If he says, "I'm just here looking around" or, "I'm looking for a friend" or, "I'm taking it slow," or any other variation of these words, then take the hint. Some guys post their status as looking for a relationship. Yet, when you read the fine print you see that he is looking for something completely different.
4. If his profile reads, "blah blah blah," you can't learn much about him. Sometimes, guys get extremely frustrated if they're unable to find a suitable partner right away, which could lead to a post that vents his frustration.
5. If he says, "I'm a workaholic," or mentions work more than a few times in his post, you'll need to be strong with an equal amount of work and/or hobbies to keep you busy, because this guy sure won't. Work is very important to him and you won't change this fact anytime soon.
6. When he admits that he is, "undecided/open-minded/prefer not to say" about having children, take a look at your life now. Then, glance into your future and see where you hope to be. If having children isn't in your plans then you two may have something in common.
7. If he says, "nothing is off limits," get clarification. Find out if he means that no joke, no action (like skydiving), no viewpoint (racist rants), etc., is off limits. That is, if you want to be sure the guy has an open mind, isn't a pervert and so on.
8. If he says, "I'm a big kid…" chances are, he is. So if you're looking for the serious type, take notice.
9. If he writes, "sarcasm is my language," then know that at some point he will probably offend you. How often depends on how thick your skin is. So, if you can't handle an abrasive, blunt guy, just keep clicking.
10. If he talks about sex, repeatedly, throughout his profile, he may not necessarily be looking for a booty call. He may just have a tenacious appetite and he's warning you in advance. This type of guy is telling you that sex is very important to him.